Saturday, December 06, 2008

Strange Happenings

guy at work: *whistle* "Hey baby. Honey, why don't you look at me?"

me: "cuz I'm not a dog, so don't whistle at me"

guy behind me: "oh so I guess you're the type of girl who gets pissed when a guy opens the door for you"

Since when is opening a door like whistling? Since when does politeness (I don't even want to call it chilvalry since I don't really think that *most* men know what chilvalry actually is) equall "I'm holding this open cuz you're hot and I like to look as you walk by"? SERIOUSLY? Are you for real? I hold doors open for guys occasionally. Just cuz guess what, they're humans.

Since when is opening a door like whistling?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some guys are just twits. Most of us end up havin' to apologize for the relatively few idiots amongst us.

Amy said...

Whistling does not equal door holding. Door holding is polite.... Whistling is annoying and... not barbaric, but vulgar. That's a good word for it - vulgar.