Sunday, January 21, 2007

What a dreary, dreary day

It's 37 degrees and raining. Hard. I should be doing homework, but I'm not motivated enough because I know that Tuesday is going to be one of the most boring days ever. Plus, I'm still figuring out how to work my glasses. It's quite tricky when descending stairs. It looks as if the next step is further than it really is- not fun. Especially not in heels...

Tomorrow will be interesting, though. I've never been to a march. Not quite sure what to expect. Something good, I guess. I wonder how many people across the country are going to be at one of these marches. And then I wonder how many are actually prolife, not just anti- abortion. There is a difference. Can we really get anywhere with the whole prolife thing if men and women don't recognize their own dignity? How can someone respect the dignity of others (especially vulnerable others) if they do not respect themselves. How many people marching tomorrow are all for "assisted suicides" or pro- birth control? I wouldn't think there would be too many of the former, but I bet there are a LOT of the latter. In fact, I would bet that there are a lot of people at the marches who advocate birth control/ "safe sex" as an answer to abortion. But what does that accomplish? It still only leaves us swimming in our own refuse.

O God, our Creator, all life is in your hands from conception until death. Help us to cherish our children and to reverence the awesome privilege of our share in creation. May all people live and die in dignity and love. Bless all those who defend the rights of the unborn, the handicapped, and the aged. Enlighten and be merciful toward those who fail to love, and give them peace. Let freedom be tempered by responsibility, integrity and morality. Amen

No comments: