Friday, February 16, 2007

So, I'm hoping for a miracle. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at hoping. I don't doubt that it can happen, but I don't let myself think that it will happen, or that there is a possibility that it might happen. I don't know if it's possible to pray with out hoping; I think that prayer infers that there is some slight hope. Perhaps there is. Perhaps there are two types of hope. I don't know.

I can, however do the "pray like it all depends on God, work like it all depends you" thing. I sent an email to Ms (Mrs.?) Roy saying I will not able to attend in the fall if I don't get more scholarship money and will I lose my fellowship if I have to miss out on the fall semester; how about my job? In better language, of course, but that was the jist of it.

I suppose if that doesn't work (I did already talk to the other people in the Finacial aid building but they just said, no there's nothing you can do) I will talk to Ms. Evanco. She pulls strings for me all the time. She seems to think that I'm indispensable for some reason... I can't figure that one out.

But hey, if I can't come back in the Fall, I have an idea for Fall break next semester.
You guys should all come visit me in Alabama. That would be a most interesting thing. Jill, you can look for the crippled goat and maybe we'll even have a cow that you can ride on. And Lauren, my uncle has horses. I think you all could survive the middle of nowhere for three or four days. I just don't know if you stand each other for four days in the middle of nowhere...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian and Derek were wondering how long a list of things that bother me would be. Pretty long.

A list of things that bother me

Being touched
Feet
Eyes
Bad food
Not being able to help people
People who won’t let me help them
Phony people
Getting up early
People who have laptops and use the school’s computers to check their Myspace, Facebook, and email when there are people who don’t have computers waiting to write papers
Not knowing what the heck it was that I just ate
People who are spoiled
People who think that life is a bowl of cherries without the pits
People who stare at me after stalking me for half a semester and who have a girlfriend
Being jealous of people who don’t have worry about money problems
People who I can picture caricatured as possums
My Grandmother
Her husband
People who think that Alabamians listen to only country music
When guys don’t treat girls well
When girls don’t treat guys well
Excessive public smooching, especially when it blocks the door to my villa
Teasing about my coughing, while I’m coughing; it just makes it worse
Girls
Yes, girls, they are mean and they gossip
The fact that there are so many things on list
The fact that there are many more things that could and should be on this list
Self –righteous people
Hypocritical people
Condescending people (in the negative connotation)
People who use other people
A sticky table or dirty philosophy table
The fact that I can write more words on this page in ten minutes than I can in two hours when I am trying to write a paper
The fact that at some point I will fulfill all of these things (Wait, no I will never stalk myself and I am not my grandmother, her husband, or a guy and I know that not all Alabamians listen to country. Oh, I don’t have a boyfriend; that disqualifies me from one for a while at least).

That's just a basic list. *sigh.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Cat said...

i'm trying to sign in...